Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NOTICE!! For tommy1729
I'd like to continue this post since it raises interesting aspects of the Tetration Forum, both as community of people and as meeting place for ideas (also as a research place).
But unfortunately I suspect that YOUR post, nuninho1980, is wrong for at least two reasons:

A-It is clearly Off Topic in this section and should be moved to the section "ABOUT THE FORUM".

B-Even in the above mentioned section it is still unclear if this topic would be legit because, nuninho, you are actually claiming that another user, Tommy, is having a wrong behavior/bad use of the forum and maybe this should be submitted to a moderator (PM) therefore making this post useless.

-----------------------
@Tommy
Said that,
It seems to me that, Tommy, you are trying to misinterpret that post on purpose, actually there was not need at all to see this as a reputation attack nor to reply with a defense (ok is legit) filled with a lot of off-topic ideological allusions and provocations (not that legit, even if I personally agree with most points)...

If this was not the case then an even worse scenario appears: as you admit, your big narcissism makes you so sensitive to criticism to exaggerate and distort what nuninho said almost unconsciously.

Don't get me wrong there Tommy, I'm not trying to judge this aspect of you (not the real you but the one that appears on the forum), I do not feel either authorized to talk about the nature of someone. Just trying to say that the reaction was exaggerated, even if you are mostly right.

@Nuninho
About point (B) I would like to say my opinion to nuninho:
I admit that Tommy posts alot, and replies to his own posts...
but you have to think that if this forum was more active, with more users, Tommy's activity would not have seemed unnatural... it seems only because Tetration forum is an almost inactive forum (and for various reasons).

Tommy posting activity is legit imho (but not his difficult writing style maybe Tongue JK): he is just updating his researches.

But talking more about the presentation of his research, and his formatting techniques would drag us in a discussion about the "philosophy of the mathematical social activities"... that is probably where Tommy wants to hit (If I understand).
Obviously the last word goes to the moderator, only if you are going to report Tommy's activity.
----------------
Extra

About the " it raises interesting aspects of the Tetration Forum, both as community of people and as meeting place for ideas (also as a research place).":

The tetration forum seems a bit dead now... but it is not surprising...Tetration/Hyperoperations are not a mainstream topics... and in some parts are very advanced but Super-specialized topics...
but I strongly disagree with the fact that what we are doing is non-standard math if by that we mean that it is different from the common math at some "ontological level"... the only mathematics that imo fits in this description can be something like finitist paradigm, paraconsistend or non-classical logic based math...
But if with non-standard we mean that it not mainstream-not traditional ...well it is the truth.

Quote:We - not just me - have shown here on the forum that tetration is not " for cranks and loons " and in fact relates to traditional math.
A agree and If someone thinks that, he clearly doesn't understand what math really is about and it does not deserve to be mentioned

Well I would like to say more but i think that this was posted in the wrong section...and even if it is interesting I don't want to continue here the off topic started by Tommy. What about starting a new thread?
MathStackExchange account:MphLee

Messages In This Thread
NOTICE!! For tommy1729 - by nuninho1980 - 10/19/2015, 07:39 PM
RE: NOTICE!! For tommy1729 - by tommy1729 - 10/19/2015, 09:14 PM
RE: NOTICE!! For tommy1729 - by nuninho1980 - 10/19/2015, 11:22 PM
RE: NOTICE!! For tommy1729 - by tommy1729 - 10/23/2015, 10:35 PM
RE: NOTICE!! For tommy1729 - by MphLee - 10/20/2015, 01:42 PM
RE: NOTICE!! For tommy1729 - by nuninho1980 - 10/20/2015, 07:37 PM
RE: NOTICE!! For tommy1729 - by hixidom - 10/23/2015, 05:39 PM
RE: NOTICE!! For tommy1729 - by MphLee - 10/23/2015, 06:37 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post