Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newcomer questions
I found this forum months ago, I'm quite interested in tetration and other hyperoperations. However, I found this forum not very active. Or is it?
I would like to share anything I discover if I really do, and I would like to know what had been discovered on this forum.
Though I might not post frequently, but I would keep researching on tetration and concern about what's new here.
Have a nice day!Smile
(11/14/2015, 05:09 AM)d57799 Wrote: I found this forum months ago, I'm quite interested in tetration and other hyperoperations. However, I found this forum not very active. Or is it?
I would like to share anything I discover if I really do, and I would like to know what had been discovered on this forum.
Though I might not post frequently, but I would keep researching on tetration and concern about what's new here.
Have a nice day!Smile

Not very active, indeed...
For the conversation, I'd prefer to talk with someone about whom I've an idea, so giving us a personal name shall help to get -at least- me into discussion (but, well, this does possibly mean not much for you in the view of my now mostly occasional activity due to my seemingly permanently degraded health...)

Anyway - it's always a happy moment, when one can welcome a new member :-)

Gottfried
Gottfried Helms, Kassel
Well as far as I know most math forums on the internet are not so active , in particular when its not about homework and integrals.

My opinions are subjective.

But if you can find me another math forum that talks about tetration alot with over 6500 Posts , i would be surprised.

And even if you find free stuff about tetration on say wiki , math stackexchange , mathoverflow or forums , it is USUALLY related to the top posters here ( or their Friends / students. For instance my friend mick on mathstackexchange. - tag tetration ! - ).

So it is relatively active in a way.

The subject of tetration is not so popular in math.
Although complex dynamics , dynamical systems , fractals ... And other related fields are gaining popularity.

There is no shortcut in math , but Some threaths have much more views and replies then others.
I think that is a good way to start.

Also , the open problems survey is essential imho.

Compositions and limits are imho essential for the majority of posts in the last 4 years.
Complex analysis is a must too.

At the moment 28 nov 2015 , i classify the contributors according to the ln of their posts , on a scale to 10. Im sorry if that is offensive too Some.

For the last 5 years , i am - and i assume gottfried too - desperately looking for ways to understand infinite matrices.

You Will notice the words uniqueness , existance , analytic and equivalent turn Up ALL the time. That is no coincidence.

Hope that helped.

@Gottfried Im sorry to hear you are still sick. Im sick too , and i find it funny that 2 sick people post so much here.
So many problems and still looking for more Smile
Im getting better and I hope you too.
In either case you have become a tetration legend.
I hope your website Will exist forever.

Take care buddy.

Regards

Tommy1729