Browsers supporting Latex
Folks are still posting using Latex code, but none of my browsers (Chrome, Mozilla, Edge, Opera) display the actual Latex. Does anyone have a browser that works with the Latex code on this site?
Daniel
(06/30/2022, 01:56 AM)Daniel Wrote: Folks are still posting using Latex code, but none of my browsers (Chrome, Mozilla, Edge, Opera) display the actual Latex. Does anyone have a browser that works with the Latex code on this site?

It's a Javascript plugin, MathJax that this forum using.... I'm confused as to your question.

I understand you're trying to recreate this forum on a separate database (which I love by the way, I've been making backups of the forum since Henryk explained his worries). Are you saying that the Latex isn't rendering on your php forum? If so, it's mathjax. You're not putting in a mathjax protocol.

I don't know of any browsers that have mathjax rendering natively, this would usually be done on the website's part, then the browser just reads the HTML, without need for an external process in the form of a script rendering.

I'm sorry, I'm just confused by your question. Could you clarify? Maybe I'm missing the point altogether, lmao.

Regards, James
JmsNxn, thanks for getting back to me. I have MathJax on my phpBB installation that works fine. I can't get MathJax or any Latex code to work on this forum.

I'm not trying to replicate this forum at the moment, I'm just learning how phpBB works under the hood. I am planning to work collaboratively with Bo and the others supporting this forum with their work. Then I will know what part I can play to help out.
Daniel
(06/30/2022, 03:32 AM)Daniel Wrote: JmsNxn, thanks for getting back to me. I have MathJax on my phpBB installation that works fine. I can't get MathJax or any Latex code to work on this forum.

I'm not trying to replicate this forum at the moment, I'm just learning how phpBB works under the hood. I am planning to work collaboratively with Bo and the others supporting this forum with their work. Then I will know what part I can play to help out.

On this forum!? You mean, when I write:

\[
e^z = \sum_{n=0}^\infty \frac{z^n}{n!}\\
\]

You do not see the Taylor expansion, you see the raw MathJax code!?

If that's the case, you've definitely fucked your browser somehow. It should be native in the browser. You may have written an internal script which has caused this error. But this isn't something that should happen at all. It's definitely an error on your end rather than an issue with the server; unless other people report this problem.
My Chrome browser displays MathJax properly on both my phpBB clone and also the MathJax home page .
Daniel
Daniel, wtf is your question then?
Fixed, I had to force the browser to run JavaScript.
Daniel
(06/30/2022, 05:38 AM)Daniel Wrote: Fixed, I had to force the browser to run JavaScript.

Lmao! I'm glad it's fixed. Sounded like a Javascript error... I fucking despise Javascript.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [RFC] Supporting references Daniel 0 356 05/28/2023, 05:52 AM
Last Post: Daniel
  \(\LaTeX\) test suite Daniel 1 575 05/27/2023, 08:32 PM
  Displaying LaTeX used on Forum Daniel 2 1,549 07/12/2022, 12:33 PM
  \Ueta Should be Added to This Forum's LaTeX. Catullus 3 2,257 06/30/2022, 10:05 PM
Last Post: MphLee
  Stop using Mimetex and replace it with a more modern Latex solution Ember Edison 11 8,174 01/07/2022, 01:37 PM
Last Post: Gottfried
  Equation Mode / LaTeX support bo198214 4 14,931 01/19/2021, 03:27 AM
Last Post: JmsNxn