Tetration Fractal
This thread is especially addressed to Daniel, since the fractal down below is found on his tetration website. 
So, how did you constructed it? What was the rules and exact definition you used? What's its fractal dimension, or other noticeable properties?

I think one of the major key to extend tetration is to study in detail this fractal, and other tetration fractals.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(10/18/2022, 12:13 PM)Shanghai46 Wrote: This thread is especially addressed to Daniel, since the fractal down below is found on his tetration website. 
So, how did you constructed it? What was the rules and exact definition you used? What's its fractal dimension, or other noticeable properties?

I think one of the major key to extend tetration is to study in detail this fractal, and other tetration fractals.

The fractal was constructed using FractInt, software developed on a CompuServe forum. I can still run the program in DosBox. UltraFractal runs FractInt formulas and also supports many fractals including the tetration escape fractal. The parameters are crazy - tens of thousands of iterations with a bailout 10^36. Note that I have two fractals on the front page of my website. The fractal you display is the period of different values; those values that don't escape. The other fractal is an classic escape fractal. Any software including Mathematica can generate escape fractals, but period identification is a difficult problem, although there are good algorithms for doing it. FractInt is the only software I'm aware of that supports period identification. More later.
Daniel
(10/18/2022, 02:16 PM)Daniel Wrote:
(10/18/2022, 12:13 PM)Shanghai46 Wrote: This thread is especially addressed to Daniel, since the fractal down below is found on his tetration website. 

The fractal was constructed using FractInt, software developed on a CompuServe forum. I can still run the program in DosBox. UltraFractal runs FractInt formulas and also supports many fractals including the tetration escape fractal. The parameters are crazy - tens of thousands of iterations with a bailout 10^36. Note that I have two fractals on the front page of my website. The fractal you display is the period of different values; those values that don't escape. The other fractal is an classic escape fractal. Any software including Mathematica can generate escape fractals, but period identification is a difficult problem, although there are good algorithms for doing it. FractInt is the only software I'm aware of that supports period identification. More later.
Also, did you made a fractal that shows each values which explodes towards infinity? Because there's 3 behaviors : converging, diverging to infinity and ocilating. 
I am just curious about what are these numbers which diverge to plus infity when tetrated an infinite amount of time.
(10/18/2022, 02:37 PM)Shanghai46 Wrote:
(10/18/2022, 02:16 PM)Daniel Wrote:

Also, did you made a fractal that shows each values which explodes towards infinity? Because there's 3 behaviors : converging, diverging to infinity and ocilating. 
I am just curious about what are these numbers which diverge to plus infinity when tetrated an infinite amount of time.

The colored areas of the escape fractals escape to infinity. The fractal you provided above is a period fractal, the inverse of the escape fractal. The red area converges, the yellow is period two, green period three. The colors follow the color spectrum.
Daniel
[quote pid="11391" dateline="1666105285"]
The colored areas of the escape fractals escape to infinity. The fractal you provided above is a period fractal, the inverse of the escape fractal. The red area converges, the yellow is period two, green period three. The colors follow the color spectrum.
[/quote]

Is there periods of any length? Like period 87,or bigger?
If so one of tge approaches possible will be to define a different formula for each property. 
Converge, diverge towards infinity (which I did) and nth periodic.
(10/18/2022, 04:29 PM)Shanghai46 Wrote: [quote pid="11391" dateline="1666105285"]

Is there periods of any length? Like period 87,or bigger?
If so one of tge approaches possible will be to define a different formula for each property. 
Converge, diverge towards infinity (which I did) and nth periodic.
[/quote]

Check out the triangular area at the far left of the plot. All the periods are a minimum of period 24.
Daniel

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pentation fractal Daniel 11 3,789 08/03/2022, 03:04 AM
Last Post: JmsNxn
  [2014] The angle fractal. tommy1729 1 5,512 10/19/2014, 03:15 PM
Last Post: tommy1729
  Infinite tetration fractal pictures bo198214 15 44,347 07/02/2010, 07:22 AM
Last Post: bo198214
  Fractal behavior of tetration Kouznetsov 4 12,901 02/28/2009, 10:55 AM
Last Post: bo198214
  Dynamic mathematics , tetration and fractal dimension of a "spiral" Ivars 0 5,420 12/15/2008, 09:18 AM
Last Post: Ivars
  The fractal nature of iterated ln(x) [Bandwidth warning: lots of images!] jaydfox 16 36,808 09/09/2007, 01:21 AM
Last Post: jaydfox