Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Power Series definition for tetration
What would be the Power Series for X tetrated to the 2nd, X tetrated to the 3rd, 4th, ...etc. Then find a pattern in these series for a general series definition of X Tetrated to any X.

The Series for:
X tet 2 = X ^ X = exp ( X ln X )=

Sigma ((X ln X) ^ n) / n!
for n = 0 to infinity.
now let this series = A

Then
the series for X tet 3 = X ^ A = exp (A ln X) =

Sigma ((A ln X) ^ m)) / m!
for m = 0 to infinity
now let this series = B

Then continue the process for more higher nested series...

Can anyone express the nested series for the tetration powers of 2 and higher as just a single power series?

IF this can be shown, is their any pattern to these Sigma expressions to give a generalized power series ?

can X tet X be decribed using product series?
These are what I call Puiseux series of tetrate functions. They were first discussed in detail by Galidakis (in this paper, see also this page). I call them Puiseux series because according to MathWorld, they're series involving logarithms.

beboe Wrote:Can anyone express the nested series for the tetration powers of 2 and higher as just a single power series?
Ioannis Galidakis can. He gave this recurrence equation in his paper:
where
for more information, please see section 4.2.3 (page 26) in the Tetration Reference

beboe Wrote:IF this can be shown, is their any pattern to these Sigma expressions to give a generalized power series ?
If only it were that simple... Smile

beboe Wrote:can X tet X be decribed using product series?[/b]
I don't know... but I think it kinda looks like this:

beboe Wrote:What would be the Power Series for X tetrated to the 2nd, X tetrated to the 3rd, 4th, ...etc. Then find a pattern in these series for a general series definition of X Tetrated to any X.

The Series for:
X tet 2 = X ^ X = exp ( X ln X )=

Sigma ((X ln X) ^ n) / n!
for n = 0 to infinity.
now let this series = A

Then
the series for X tet 3 = X ^ A = exp (A ln X) =

Sigma ((A ln X) ^ m)) / m!
for m = 0 to infinity
now let this series = B

Then continue the process for more higher nested series...

Can anyone express the nested series for the tetration powers of 2 and higher as just a single power series?

IF this can be shown, is their any pattern to these Sigma expressions to give a generalized power series ?

can X tet X be decribed using product series?

Hmm, what prevents you, to just to try this, and show us what you get for tet 2, tet 3... ?
For decremented exponentiation you may find this article interesting.
powerseries iteration
Gottfried Helms, Kassel
andydude Wrote:
beboe Wrote:Can anyone express the nested series for the tetration powers of 2 and higher as just a single power series?
Ioannis Galidakis can. He gave this recurrence equation in his paper:
where
for more information, please see section 4.2.3 (page 26) in the Tetration Reference
Andrew wrote down there also the direct series development at (fixed point) x=1.
"Just derived a method to compute exact entries for powers of the matrix-operator for T-tetration.
(...)"

[deletion]
I moved my reply to the "matrix-method"-thread since it didn't reflect, that the OP-question asked for a powerseries in the height-variable while I discussed one in terms of log of the base-parameter and the top-parameter x. Sorry for messing things...

Gottfried

Attached Files Image(s)

Gottfried Helms, Kassel

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Reducing beta tetration to an asymptotic series, and a pull back JmsNxn 2 734 07/22/2021, 03:37 AM
Last Post: JmsNxn
  Generalized Kneser superfunction trick (the iterated limit definition) MphLee 25 8,241 05/26/2021, 11:55 PM
Last Post: MphLee
  Perhaps a new series for log^0.5(x) Gottfried 3 4,414 03/21/2020, 08:28 AM
Last Post: Daniel
  A Notation Question (raising the highest value in pow-tower to a different power) Micah 8 11,082 02/18/2019, 10:34 PM
Last Post: Micah
Question Taylor series of i[x] Xorter 12 23,086 02/20/2018, 09:55 PM
Last Post: Xorter
  Functional power Xorter 0 2,914 03/11/2017, 10:22 AM
Last Post: Xorter
  An explicit series for the tetration of a complex height Vladimir Reshetnikov 13 24,276 01/14/2017, 09:09 PM
Last Post: Vladimir Reshetnikov
  Complaining about MSE ; attitude against tetration and iteration series ! tommy1729 0 3,295 12/26/2016, 03:01 AM
Last Post: tommy1729
  2 fixpoints , 1 period --> method of iteration series tommy1729 0 3,356 12/21/2016, 01:27 PM
  2 fixpoints related by power ? tommy1729 0 3,011 12/07/2016, 01:29 PM