Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fractal behavior of tetration
Let sexp be holomorphic tetration. Let
This has fractal structure. This structure is dence everywhere, so, if we put a black pixel in vicinity of each element, the resulting picture will be the "Black Square" by Malevich; it is already painted and there is no need to reproduce it again.
Therefore, consider the approximation. Let
While ,
id est, all the points of the approximation are also elements of the fractal (although only Malevich could paint all the points of the fractal).
As an illustration of , centered in point 8+i, I suggest the plot of function in the complex plane,
in the range ,

Levels are drawn.
Due to more than lines in the field of view, not all of them are plotted. Instead, the regions where are shaded. In some regions, the value of is huge and cannot be stored in a complex<double> variable; these regions are left blanc.

In such a way, tetration gives also a new kind of fractal.
As a reminder there is also a thread about the tetration fractal, which somehow looks similar to your fractal structures.
bo198214 Wrote:tetration fractal
Dear Bo:
1. Thank you for the link, beautigul pics. However, those pics do not correspond to tetration or superexponential, althouch, they are related to the reiterated exponential.
As I understand, in our notations, they correspond to the play with base b.
In my case, b=e is fixed.
Formally, my set F is periodic, while the structures you refer are not.
Perhaps, the pics you mention should be cited. How is it better to cite those pics?

2. I have the expression for the set of branchpoints of the modified slog, while the primary cutlines go to the right hand side direction. The formula is:

The resulting set S is not dense, as the F above, the set S is countable and its measure is zero. How do you like it?
Sweet. I like it.

This reminds me, there are so many types of fractals: by-period, by-escape, Julia sets, Fatou sets, Mandelbrot sets, and so on. I suppose the Julia set of exponentiation would be the convergence region of , right? But what would the Julia set of tetration look like?

Andrew Robbins
andydude Wrote:I suppose the Julia set of exponentiation would be the convergence region of , right?

By Wikipedia the Julia set of an entire function is
Quote:the boundary of the set of points which converge to infinity under iteration

For this would be the boundary of all points with .

I think for this is the whole complex plane, because the points that go to infinity are next to points that doent.

For tetration the Julia set are is the boundary of points such that . I guess this depends on which tetration we choose. So maybe Dmitrii can draw a picture Smile.

Another option is the Mandelbrot set, which is the set of parameter for which , i.e. is bounded.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [2014] The angle fractal. tommy1729 1 2,113 10/19/2014, 03:15 PM
Last Post: tommy1729
  Infinite tetration fractal pictures bo198214 15 22,056 07/02/2010, 07:22 AM
Last Post: bo198214
  Dynamic mathematics , tetration and fractal dimension of a "spiral" Ivars 0 2,887 12/15/2008, 09:18 AM
Last Post: Ivars
  The fractal nature of iterated ln(x) [Bandwidth warning: lots of images!] jaydfox 16 16,620 09/09/2007, 01:21 AM
Last Post: jaydfox