time-out parameter for mimetex-elements?
I observed many times, that if I read a thread, MyBB does not retrieve all of the graphs. Sometimes I must 3 times refresh the page or even more to get all the mimetex-pic's shown. This -alone- is boring. What is really nasty is, that I even don't get informed, that the page is shown while omitting unknown amount of pics. So I don't know: is the sentence, which I read, really complete, or are possibly some pictures missing, some explainative fomula or something else.

I think that in the first versions of MyBB this did not happen. Currently I call the "print-view" on important threads, since it seems, that then all graphs are actually loaded, and i open then a locally downloaded copy of that thread/page in winword and reformat it a little manually to finally store and read it.

Is this a parameter-problem in MyBB? Can we set some "time-out" parameter for mimetex-elements to higher values? Am I the only one encountering that problem?

Gottfried
Gottfried Helms, Kassel
I did not observe this behavior with my browsers. What browser are you using?
(08/06/2009, 04:07 AM)bo198214 Wrote: I did not observe this behavior with my browsers. What browser are you using?

Firefox 3.5 on win xp; online via tdsl-cable or wlan
Gottfried Helms, Kassel
I had once also problems with the mime-tex pictures, but of a different kind (I think they sometimes appeared white on white or so).
However there is no parameter to adjust in the forum software, as it does not come with mime-tex support. I think it is rather browser related.
(08/06/2009, 06:25 AM)bo198214 Wrote: I had once also problems with the mime-tex pictures, but of a different kind (I think they sometimes appeared white on white or so).
However there is no parameter to adjust in the forum software, as it does not come with mime-tex support. I think it is rather browser related.

Hmm, it's not, that the places are empty. It is just, that apparently completely randomly some mimetex pictures are served and some are "forgotten", like in other hardware serial channels, when timeouts occur.

If I refresh the page, some of the missing images are now arriving, and in large threads I need sometimes 3 or 4 refreshs until the "final result converges" Wink to a stable display.

But well, if there's no parameter in MyBB, and I'm the only one getting this problem, then there may be indeed something with my OS/tcpip - configuration here, though I don't have the slightest idea.

Grrrmpf.
Gottfried Helms, Kassel
Looks as if things straighten up, if I only call for 10 msg per screen instead of 50, what was my default. When I'm resetting this back to my old setting (10 msgs) things seem to be ok.
But well, were good to have the possibility to have even long threads aligned... And, well, the print-view works fine with all msgs of a thread.

Gottfried
Gottfried Helms, Kassel
(08/14/2009, 05:14 PM)Gottfried Wrote: Looks as if things straighten up, if I only call for 10 msg per screen instead of 50, what was my default. When I'm resetting this back to my old setting (10 msgs) things seem to be ok.
But well, were good to have the possibility to have even long threads aligned... And, well, the print-view works fine with all msgs of a thread.

Gottfried

The reduction to less msgs per screen was not really successful.

Anyway - seems that is something specifically related to the Firefox. With the Internet Explorer (which I usually do not execute on my computer) all graphics occur correctly (just tried it with the version IE8, and logged in only as a guest)

Gottfried
Gottfried Helms, Kassel

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stop using Mimetex and replace it with a more modern Latex solution Ember Edison 11 8,460 01/07/2022, 01:37 PM
Last Post: Gottfried
  Mimetex defunct? Gottfried 4 14,042 05/23/2016, 05:26 PM
Last Post: MphLee