Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
contour of what ?
This is an old thread but still I felt the need to comment.

The paper of Kouznetsov did not get as popular as some here expected , but I - as a skeptic - did.

One of the reasons might be this :

INTEGRAL TRANSFORMS HAVE CONDITIONS !

A good example is the Mellin inversion theorem.

Those conditions can be quite complex.

If an equation involved unknown functions AND integral transforms , it is a bit handwaving to assume all the conditions are met + uniqueness AND existance.

From my experience in number theory , many of my " unpublished wrong crank ideas " were mistakes by assuming conditions of integral transforms holds.

One could easily prove RH , collatz and Hardy-Littlewood I or II with those silly integrals , that turn out not to be valid in some sense ( conditions not met , some formula's not valid , divergence , summability method fail/dubious , using assumptions equivalent to the whole conjecture , assuming differentiability , ... )

Most pro mathematicians see this immediately.

I am unaware of any paper that adresses these issues , and I assume nobody is willing to pay for it before being convinced.

You see , tetration is not mainstraim , so the access should be easy and the burden of proof is on the claimer side.

Don't get me wrong , I like Kouznetsov and some of his ideas.

But those are my viewpoints , and by the lack of popularity of his paper ( in retrospect years later ) I assume it is the view of most.

regards

tommy1729

Messages In This Thread
contour of what ? - by tommy1729 - 11/18/2009, 04:46 PM
RE: contour of what ? - by andydude - 11/19/2009, 01:07 AM
RE: contour of what ? - by tommy1729 - 11/19/2009, 01:05 PM
RE: contour of what ? - by bo198214 - 11/19/2009, 08:46 AM
RE: contour of what ? - by tommy1729 - 11/19/2009, 01:02 PM
RE: contour of what ? - by tommy1729 - 09/23/2013, 09:14 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Developing contour summation JmsNxn 3 4,572 12/13/2013, 11:40 PM