Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
A new way of approaching fractional hyper operators
I've figured out a new approach for solving hyper operators; for finding a smooth curve from addition to exponentiation for all natural numbers. It's a rather tricky method and I'm still a little shaky on the details.

Firstly, I considered that the operators cannot be commutative/associative over an interval because that implies discontinuity at at least exponentiation. However, they can be commutative/associative at single points.

Anyway, the juxt of the idea is by exploiting the fundamental theorem of arithmetic. We start with:

And create a function such that:

which has the following properties:

But also, since is a natural number; it has a prime decomposition:

Essentially then, we will take points inbetween addition and multiplication by transforming into . Or, writing more mathematically. If is an operator between multiplication and addition, and is its super operator, and this is one of the operators which happen to be commutative/associative; then we create a one to one function with the following properties:

where

where here is a real inbetween and .
and therefore:

adding the requirement the identity function is if .

These operators satisfy the recursion formula:

This gives us a very beautiful commutative operator which has a lot of beautiful properties that I haven't written out. However, we cannot have an interval of these operators or else the end product will not be analytic. Therefore the question is, how to create an interval of non-associative, non-commutative operators which fill the gaps between these commutative operators. Also, what operators in between addition and multiplication should qualify as a commutative operator?

I've taken to the knack of calling these commutative and associative operators as stars. Once we have a full uniqueness criterion for them: We would then, figuratively speaking, draw a line between the discrete transformations of stars filling the gaps with non-commutative/non-associative operators.

This technique should work for operators greater than addition and less than and including exponentiation. Specifically we can evaluate any commutative operation above addition and below multiplication at any two primes, or a number with a single prime factor; and we can evaluate the same numbers above multiplication and below exponentiation for natural values:

where and .

We stress that we only evaluate as a complex variable. I hope to develop some techniques for creating the function in a way such that we can evaluate for specific operators of order ; and we have a uniqueness as to why we use this function for a specific value of .

Any help or comments would be greatly appreciated. Or maybe I'm doing something awfully wrong! Thanks.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Math overflow question on fractional exponential iterations sheldonison 4 501 04/01/2018, 03:09 AM
Last Post: JmsNxn
  Hyper-volume by integration Xorter 0 611 04/08/2017, 01:52 PM
Last Post: Xorter
  Hyper operators in computability theory JmsNxn 5 1,440 02/15/2017, 10:07 PM
Last Post: MphLee
  Recursive formula generating bounded hyper-operators JmsNxn 0 724 01/17/2017, 05:10 AM
  Rational operators (a {t} b); a,b > e solved JmsNxn 30 22,851 09/02/2016, 02:11 AM
Last Post: tommy1729
  holomorphic binary operators over naturals; generalized hyper operators JmsNxn 15 10,426 08/22/2016, 12:19 AM
  The bounded analytic semiHyper-operators JmsNxn 2 1,778 05/27/2016, 04:03 AM
  on constructing hyper operations for bases > eta JmsNxn 1 1,568 04/08/2015, 09:18 PM
Last Post: marraco
  Bounded Analytic Hyper operators JmsNxn 25 10,600 04/01/2015, 06:09 PM
  [MSE] Fixed point and fractional iteration of a map MphLee 0 1,333 01/08/2015, 03:02 PM