Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on hyper-operations of rational but non-integer orders?
I can't seem to find the right angle to approach this concept intuitively. Does anyone have any ideas of how to consider hyper-operations in a way that isn't recursive, such as to accept non-integers?
I am not sure I get your problem correctly.           

Take the function as to be iterated, with, say .             
Assume one plane on a math-paper and look for easiness only the lines and their crossings of the coordinate-system of integer complex numbers .              
Now take another paper, position it 10 cm above and for every point of the crossings (and ideally also of the lines) mark the values of . Then repeat it with a third plane, again 10 cm above, marking .
After that, try to connect the related points of the zero'th, the first and the second plane by a weak string, say a spaghetti or so. Surely except of the fixpoints in it shall be difficult to make a meaningful and smooth curve - and in principle it seems arbitrary, except at the fixpoints, where we simple stitch a straight stick through the iterates of the at the fixpoint.           
Of course the spaghetti on the second level is then no more arbitrary but must be - point for point - be computed by one iteration. But the spaghatti in the first level follow that vertically orientated curve, where a fictive/imaginative plane of paper is at fractional heights and the fractional iterates would be the marks on the coordinate-papers at the "fractional (iteration) height".                                                     

I'd liked to construct some physical example, showing alternative paths upwards between the fixed basic planes, with matrial curves made by an 3-D-printer, but I've not yet started to initialize the required data.

But I think, that mind-model alone makes it possibly already sufficiently intuitive for you.

A somewhat better illustration is in my answer at MSE, see https://math.stackexchange.com/a/451755/1714
Gottfried Helms, Kassel
I think the OP refers to concepts like , what i called " semi- super " operators.

Like the semisuper operator of the semisuper operator of f(x) is the super of f(x).

This is extremely difficult.

Do not confuse with the functional half-iterate of the superfunction.

Regards 

Tommy1729

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Could there be an "arctic geometry" by raising the rank of all operations? Syzithryx 2 446 07/24/2019, 05:59 PM
Last Post: Syzithryx
  Where is the proof of a generalized integral for integer heights? Chenjesu 2 729 03/03/2019, 08:55 AM
Last Post: Chenjesu
  Hyper-volume by integration Xorter 0 1,278 04/08/2017, 01:52 PM
Last Post: Xorter
  Hyper operators in computability theory JmsNxn 5 3,633 02/15/2017, 10:07 PM
Last Post: MphLee
  Recursive formula generating bounded hyper-operators JmsNxn 0 1,396 01/17/2017, 05:10 AM
Last Post: JmsNxn
  Rational operators (a {t} b); a,b > e solved JmsNxn 30 36,327 09/02/2016, 02:11 AM
Last Post: tommy1729
  holomorphic binary operators over naturals; generalized hyper operators JmsNxn 15 15,627 08/22/2016, 12:19 AM
Last Post: JmsNxn
  Tetration series for integer exponent. Can you find the pattern? marraco 20 15,528 02/21/2016, 03:27 PM
Last Post: marraco
  Intresting ternary operations ? tommy1729 0 1,519 06/11/2015, 08:18 AM
Last Post: tommy1729
  on constructing hyper operations for bases > eta JmsNxn 1 2,518 04/08/2015, 09:18 PM
Last Post: marraco