Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
overview paper co-author invitation
(08/02/2009, 01:38 AM)andydude Wrote: I think it worked! Smile

Indeed! I merged your changes with my local changes, you can see the branch/merge graph here.

Quote:also, I was wondering if I could change "super function" -> "superfunction" is that OK?

Yes I did it already, previously. I use the following conventions:
superfunction (no hyphen) and super-exponential (with hyphen).
This pattern is extensible e.g. super-factorial = superfunction of the factorial

However our widely used super-logarithm does not fit in this pattern,
thatswhy I followed Dmitriis suggestion: arcsuper-exponential

This is the inverse of the super-exponential and hence what we previously called super-logarithm. arcsuper-exponential means also Abel function of the exponential, so we *dont* introduce an extra arcsuperfunction.

I have the convention to put a TODO at every place where I know it needs to be rewritten. At finishing one simply needs to look that there are no more "TODO"s in the text. In our collaborative case I suggest a name suffix, e.g. TODO[henryk] means that it remains to do for henryk.

If we just repeat a proposition from a book or established theory (to use it in an own derivation) please use the "wellknown" environment. E.g.
Code:
\begin{wellknown}
This is a well known proposition
\end{wellknown}
For common (i.e. really common, not just in the tetration community) or standard definitions, please use e.g.:
Code:
\begin{sdef}
The factorial is defined as ...
\end{sdef}
Please have also a look at the decl.tex file to not reinvent abbreviations, e.g. \mathbb{C} is just \C.

I suggest we dont use the e-mail system of bitbucket, because its errornous. However perhaps we can use the issue tracker, lets see.

@Andrew: Instead of with matrices I would like you to start with the equations, because the matrices are not really necessary to explain the approach. Something roughly like: From the Abel equation ... powerseries ... infinite equation system ... (represented with the Carleman matrix as ...) ambiguity of solutions .... intuitive solution ... etc.

Messages In This Thread
overview paper co-author invitation - by bo198214 - 06/02/2009, 01:06 AM
meeting ? - by tommy1729 - 06/06/2009, 10:42 PM
RE: overview paper co-author invitation - by bo198214 - 08/02/2009, 10:47 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Old Research Paper andydude 3 2,559 01/24/2018, 04:12 AM
Last Post: andydude
  changing terminology (was: overview paper co-author invitation) andydude 49 56,245 11/05/2009, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Base-Acid Tetration
  Paper with iteration intro andydude 4 5,896 05/13/2009, 07:53 AM
Last Post: andydude