Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Update] Comparision of 5 methods of interpolation to continuous tetration
Ok some guts is needed to admit I do not fully understand and to say I find some things not perfectly well explained.

In particular because it sounds stupid and ungrateful , which I am not.

But it needs to be done.

For Kneser's solution alot of attention is going to the Riemann mapping but the " a priori " is not clear to me.

Maybe Im getting old and I am asking question that I have asked before or understood before so plz forgive me if so.

From my experience it is best to ask very specific questions so I will point to the post I find most confusing.

But first a silly question probably , what I will probably know right after I asked :p

About the schroeder equation

F( f(x) ) = q F(x).

Let c be the fixpoint of f(x).

Now it appears to me that F© must be either 0 or infinite.

What usefull stuff can be said if F© = oo ? Or is that completely useless ?

Second , Why do we prefer f ' © = 1 ?

I assume it is ONLY for the easy solvability of the Taylor series or limit formula for the " principal " schroeder function.

Having probably answered those questions somewhat myself , let continue with the MAIN question(s) and the principal schroeder function.

Since we have f © = 0 we thus have a Taylor series expanded at c.

However there is a limit radius of convergence.

And the real line is not included in the radius , so the trouble begins.

I was only able to find ONE POST adressing how to continue before the Riemann mapping ( all the others seemed to be copied or linked to that " mother post " )

It is still not clear to me what exactlty is mapped , what happened to the singularities and if all that does not loose the property of analyticity.

Also Im not sure what kind of " solution " we are suppose to end up with ?? A sexp that has no singularities for Re > 0 ?

What properties are claimed for the Kneser solution ?
Is it only the property of sexp being analytic near the real line for Re > 0 ?

The post that failed to enlighten me was this one :

- with respect to the poster of course -

http://math.eretrandre.org/tetrationforu...hp?tid=213

POST NR 3

It is said : we analyticly continue to ...

HOW ?

What happened to the singularities and limited radius ?

If you use Taylor series you CANNOT have a function that converges on the entire upper plane ; the Taylor series ALWAYS converges in a circle !!?

It is not said how the continuation is done , how we know it is possible , what series expansion we end up with etc etc

So what to make of that ?

I note that mapping a singularity or pole with exp or ln remains a problem ?

Then there follows a claim of simply connected which I find a bit handwaving ?? And what if it contains singularities ??

How is this different from Gottfriend's brown curve ?

I also note that the Riemann mapping may not change the functional equation.

Those 3 pics do not explain all that and perhaps a longer post should have been made.

With respect to the efforts though.

I hope I have sketched what I believe confuses most people about Kneser's method.

regards

tommy1729

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Update] Comparision of 5 methods of interpolation to continuous tetration - by tommy1729 - 10/28/2013, 11:11 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Possible continuous extension of tetration to the reals Dasedes 0 1,155 10/10/2016, 04:57 AM
Last Post: Dasedes
  Tribonacci interpolation ? tommy1729 0 1,764 09/08/2014, 10:37 AM
Last Post: tommy1729
  How many methods have this property ? tommy1729 1 2,256 05/22/2014, 04:56 PM
Last Post: sheldonison
  (MSE): Comparision of powertowers -.Possibly interesting thread in MSE Gottfried 0 1,754 05/22/2013, 07:02 AM
Last Post: Gottfried
  [UFO] - a contradiction in assuming continuous tetration? Gottfried 18 19,205 08/29/2010, 08:44 PM
  Self tetraroot constructed via Newton series interpolation mike3 2 6,144 07/11/2010, 03:38 AM
Last Post: mike3
  Borel summation and other continuation/summability methods for continuum sums mike3 2 4,791 12/30/2009, 09:51 PM
Last Post: mike3
  A false interpolation paradigm (?); a reconsideration Gottfried 4 6,793 09/17/2009, 08:17 AM
Last Post: bo198214
  exponential polynomial interpolation Gottfried 3 6,669 07/16/2008, 10:32 PM
Last Post: andydude
  A related discussion on interpolation: factorial and gamma-function Gottfried 6 9,683 06/27/2008, 06:38 PM