new fatou.gp program
Hmm, Okay

That's something I've never seen before. You are right, Catullus, I've made a mistake somewhere in my observations.

From here, I don't have an answer to your question. I am not familiar enough with the fatou.gp program. I thought it'd run the Schroder for \(i\), didn't realize it ran the kneser algorithm.

I guess the best statement that I have is that for \(1 < b < \eta\) Sheldon's algorithm runs a kneser algorithm which roughly approximates the Schroder iteration. But for complex values it runs the Kneser iteration, as an analytic continuation. I'm still wary though of this solution.

I apologize, my mistake.
Question 
Then, what was up with the spikes in the imaginary part with one precision, and then straight line at zero at a higher precision?
How do I use fatou.gp to show the non real valuedness of the analytic continuation of the Kneser method with base the pith root of pi in a way that is not spikey?
Please remember to stay hydrated.
ฅ(ミ⚈ ﻌ ⚈ミ)ฅ Sincerely: Catullus /ᐠ_ ꞈ _ᐟ\
(07/09/2022, 06:55 AM)Catullus Wrote: Then what was up with the spikes in the imaginary part with one precision, and then straight line at zero at a higher precision?
How do I use fatou.gp to show the non real valuedness of the analytic continuation of the Kneser method, with base the pith root of pi in a way that is not spikey?

You never use numerical approximation as a proof of anything. So, you can't. But the spikes are just noise in the program... nothing you can do about that--except write your own program that tries to reduce noise.
(07/10/2022, 01:51 AM)JmsNxn Wrote:
(07/09/2022, 06:55 AM)Catullus Wrote: Then what was up with the spikes in the imaginary part with one precision, and then straight line at zero at a higher precision?
How do I use fatou.gp to show the non real valuedness of the analytic continuation of the Kneser method, with base the pith root of pi in a way that is not spikey?

You never use numerical approximation as a proof of anything. So, you can't. But the spikes are just noise in the program... nothing you can do about that--except write your own program that tries to reduce noise.
What about using tetcomplex.gp?
Please remember to stay hydrated.
ฅ(ミ⚈ ﻌ ⚈ミ)ฅ Sincerely: Catullus /ᐠ_ ꞈ _ᐟ\

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The beta method program JmsNxn 0 1,398 02/25/2022, 03:05 AM
Last Post: JmsNxn
  My new ABEL_L.gp program JmsNxn 13 11,317 10/06/2021, 07:18 PM
Last Post: Ember Edison
  Test for fatou.gp Ember Edison 3 8,800 09/14/2019, 04:55 AM
Last Post: Ember Edison
  Natural complex tetration program + video MorgothV8 1 6,796 04/27/2018, 07:54 PM
Last Post: MorgothV8
  Mathematica program for tetration based on the series with q-binomial coefficients Vladimir Reshetnikov 0 5,466 01/13/2017, 10:51 PM
Last Post: Vladimir Reshetnikov
  complex base tetration program sheldonison 23 87,327 10/26/2016, 10:02 AM
Last Post: Gottfried
  C++ program for generatin complex map in EPS format MorgothV8 0 5,737 09/17/2014, 04:14 PM
Last Post: MorgothV8