Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nixon-Banach-Lambert-Raes tetration is analytic , simple and “ closed form “ !!
(02/02/2021, 04:40 AM)JmsNxn Wrote: Hey, Tommy!

So I had noticed that you implicitly assumed in your original analysis. I didn't notice it right away, but I noticed it afterwards when I saw it would imply periodicity. I looked at it some more, and was pretty sure you were on to something--but never been too good with the Lambert function. This makes much much more sense quite frankly. Especially if we think of the branch cuts appearing at for . This is where our function will recycle, and a cluster of singularities will force non-analycity of

Now I am confused.
You say non-analytic here.
And you also wrote 2 papers claiming analytic ?

Im aware of Sheldon's arguments and the complexity of tetration.
But the point is I am confused about your viewpoint.

I mean non-analycity of would imply non-analytic tetration right ?
But you have 2 papers claiming analyticity and intend to explain it further.

Regards

tommy1729
(02/03/2021, 11:44 PM)tommy1729 Wrote:
(02/02/2021, 04:40 AM)JmsNxn Wrote: Hey, Tommy!

So I had noticed that you implicitly assumed in your original analysis. I didn't notice it right away, but I noticed it afterwards when I saw it would imply periodicity. I looked at it some more, and was pretty sure you were on to something--but never been too good with the Lambert function. This makes much much more sense quite frankly. Especially if we think of the branch cuts appearing at for . This is where our function will recycle, and a cluster of singularities will force non-analycity of

Now I am confused.
You say non-analytic here.
And you also wrote 2 papers claiming analytic ?

Im aware of Sheldon's arguments and the complexity of tetration.
But the point is I am confused about your viewpoint.

I mean non-analycity of would imply non-analytic tetration right ?
But you have 2 papers claiming analyticity and intend to explain it further.

Regards

tommy1729

Hey, Tommy. I'll clarify my stance. I initially thought I had showed that,

Is a holomorphic function upto a nowhere dense set . Now this, I believe is technically correct, but I had implicitly assumed that it is analytic on . Sheldon, thoroughly convinced me that this probably doesn't happen. What I believe now, which is essentially the above statement, except,

Which explicitly states where it is holomorphic. This is to say, it is still holomorphic upto a nowhere dense set; but seems to be in this set. The mistake I made was pretty foolhardy,

I had assumed that,

so that is a global minimum. But this isn't so. What I believe I've shown now, is that it is only a local minimum, but the domain in which it is a minimum eventually grows to for large enough --and from here the paper continues as it did before with the construction of .  The problem being,

Has solutions which cluster towards as . This causes our function to dip towards small values, causing to hit a singularity. Essentially we hit a wall of singularities at the real line. But in the strip we have no such problem because grows and acts like a minimum in the strip ; forcing our construction of to converge.

All in all; I was incorrect to think I showed analycity on --but I do believe this is still holomorphic; just unfortunately not for real values. At best I can show is continuously differentiable, but I don't think a proof is that out of reach.

All in all I was half-right at best. Also, the second paper, is just the same paper accounting for this foolhardy mistake--and trying to correct it--and state a stronger version of what I had originally stated.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Doubts on the domains of Nixon's method. MphLee 1 111 03/02/2021, 10:43 PM
Last Post: JmsNxn
  [repost] A nowhere analytic infinite sum for tetration. tommy1729 0 2,252 03/20/2018, 12:16 AM
Last Post: tommy1729
Question Analytic matrices and the base units Xorter 2 4,248 07/19/2017, 10:34 AM
Last Post: Xorter
  Non-analytic Xorter 0 2,363 04/04/2017, 10:38 PM
Last Post: Xorter
  A conjectured uniqueness criteria for analytic tetration Vladimir Reshetnikov 13 18,238 02/17/2017, 05:21 AM
  tommy's simple solution ln^[n](2sinh^[n+x](z)) tommy1729 1 4,082 01/17/2017, 07:21 AM
Last Post: sheldonison
  Is bounded tetration is analytic in the base argument? JmsNxn 0 2,355 01/02/2017, 06:38 AM
  Are tetrations fixed points analytic? JmsNxn 2 5,015 12/14/2016, 08:50 PM
  The bounded analytic semiHyper-operators JmsNxn 2 5,508 05/27/2016, 04:03 AM
  Periodic analytic iterations by Riemann mapping tommy1729 1 3,645 03/05/2016, 10:07 PM
Last Post: tommy1729