Impending retirement
Howdy,
A little serious talk. After researching tetration for fifty years, I have seen my better days. I'm unhappy with things like the recent crap posting I just made. I would like to be helpful to my fellow researchers in the future if possible.
Daniel
Hey, Daniel

Are you okay? You seem fairly sporadic. I hope you're doing okay. Please don't be disparaged. The fact you made the Faa Di Bruno method work is fantastic. It's just not necessarily THE ONLY TETRATION THAT WORKS. There are uncountably infinite tetrations. The idea is to find one with the best properties.

Again, I hope you are feeling well,

Regards, James
(05/31/2021, 03:47 AM)JmsNxn Wrote: Hey, Daniel

Are you okay? You seem fairly sporadic. I hope you're doing okay. Please don't be disparaged. The fact you made the Faa Di Bruno method work is fantastic. It's just not necessarily THE ONLY TETRATION THAT WORKS. There are uncountably infinite tetrations. The idea is to find one with the best properties.

Again, I hope you are feeling well,

Regards, James

Thank you for your kindness James,
As researchers get older they are often best served by shifting their focus. I now consider myself retired from the software industry as I haven't been able to maintain my edge after twenty years of part time work. It is clear to me that I am not spending enough time working with tetration to maintain a cutting edge presence either. I don't take it personally, but I do owe it to the tetration research community to maintain a proper signal to noise ratio.
I'm also a bit wiped out from lifeĀ as I had been homeless for a year and a half living in the woods. That seems to have taken a good chuck of life force from me. I now am taking on a collection of neurological conditions including memory loss. But as my intellect declines my wisdom and moral force hopefully can continue to grow. Also there is hope for me to get better as I am just getting serious attention for my problems.
Peace,
Daniel
Daniel
Get well soon, Daniel