Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm back on tetration forum
Hi All,
I've taken a long hiatus to focus on my day job, designing Power-PC microprocessors, for IBM, most recently Power10.  I'll try to log in every once in awhile and catch up on the post's that other's have made.  But I can't promise I'll focus on it with my previous tetration intensity, but I am back to my tetration hobby, and catch up on some of the posts on this forum.  
- Sheldon Levenstein
ps. no health or covid issues, just full time work and exercising enough to stay healthy.  I'd still like to finish that paper on rigorously proving my matrix based version of fatou.gp converges to Kneser.
- Sheldon
(09/11/2021, 08:19 PM)sheldonison Wrote: Hi All,
I've taken a long hiatus to focus on my day job, designing Power-PC microprocessors, for IBM, most recently Power10.  I'll try to log in every once in awhile and catch up on the post's that other's have made.  But I can't promise I'll focus on it with my previous tetration intensity, but I am back to my tetration hobby, and catch up on some of the posts on this forum.  
- Sheldon Levenstein
ps. no health or covid issues, just full time work and exercising enough to stay healthy.  I'd still like to finish that paper on rigorously proving my matrix based version of fatou.gp converges to Kneser.

Great to hear you're healthy and keeping strong.

I can't wait to see your paper. I'm dying to read it!

Regards, James
Hi Sheldon -

happy seeing you back here!            
 Hope I'll see your paper soon and read it. However, my energy seem to have drown out much, so I couldn't for instance follow (and engage in) MPhlee's and James' conversation/exchange.     
Perhaps we are able to continue our short sequence of zoom-meetings covering some basic (but relevant) stuff. 

See/read you (CR/U :-) )

Gottfried
Gottfried Helms, Kassel
(09/12/2021, 01:03 PM)Gottfried Wrote: Hi Sheldon -

happy seeing you back here!            
 Hope I'll see your paper soon and read it. However, my energy seem to have drown out much, so I couldn't for instance follow (and engage in) MPhlee's and James' conversation/exchange.     
Perhaps we are able to continue our short sequence of zoom-meetings covering some basic (but relevant) stuff. 

See/read you (CR/U :-) )

Gottfried

If you ever have any questions feel free to ask, Gottfried. Mphlee and I did go a bit off the deepend when discussing conjugacy classes/category theory though... I still have more questions than answers, and I'm sure Mphlee feels the same way, lol.

I'm sorry to hear about your medical issues. Stay strong and keep fighting Big Grin I'm happy to slow down my posts if it helps--it's not a problem at all. I'm happy to be supportive if you're feeling a little slow. It must be hard, and I'd like to be as supportive as I can. Thanks, for at least reading mine and Mphlee's posts. Sending my best wishes.

Regards, James
@gottfried : 
Keep strong buddy. Take time to let your body rest.

@Sheldon : Ofcourse we are welcoming the return of a tetration legend Smile

We still have lots to discuss and many friendly battles to fight :p

@everyone : there is group on facebook ( I made ) called tetration friends.

regards

tommy1729
I'm glad you're back. Many people have died or been left with permanent disabilities due to covid. 
I have been worried that many people on the other end of the email will never be able to contact each other again because of covid.
(09/24/2021, 06:32 PM)Ember Edison Wrote: I'm glad you're back. Many people have died or been left with permanent disabilities due to covid. 
I have been worried that many people on the other end of the email will never be able to contact each other again because of covid.

That's very sad. I'm one of the lucky ones who could isolate and quarantine comfortably with no real worries. I recently learned one of my favourite professors at University of Toronto succumbed to covid. Sad

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Reducing beta tetration to an asymptotic series, and a pull back JmsNxn 2 495 07/22/2021, 03:37 AM
Last Post: JmsNxn
  Why bases 0<a<1 don't get love on the forum? marraco 20 31,075 04/19/2015, 05:53 PM
Last Post: Gottfried