Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change of base formula for Tetration
(05/03/2009, 10:20 PM)tommy1729 Wrote: ???

how does change of base formula for tetration and exp(z) -1 relate ???

i would recommend -- in case this is important and proved -- that more attention is given to it on the forum and/or FAQ
I agree that the base conversion problem is very interesting, and needs more attention.

Here's another way to write the change of base equation, converting from base a to base b.

In this equation, converges to n plus the base conversion constant. This base conversion will have a small 1-cyclic periodic wobble, , when compared to Dimitrii's solution.

Convergence for real values of x is easy to show, and emperically the derivatives appear continuous, but behavior for complex values is a more difficult problem. I would also like to characterize the sinusoid, and find out whether or not it is c-oo, and whether the sexp_b(z) shows the singularities in the complex plane predicted by Dimitrii Kouznetsov. My thoughts started before I read Jay's post, but you can see them here, http://math.eretrandre.org/tetrationforu...hp?tid=236.
(05/05/2009, 11:21 AM)sheldonison Wrote:
(05/03/2009, 10:20 PM)tommy1729 Wrote: ???

how does change of base formula for tetration and exp(z) -1 relate ???

i would recommend -- in case this is important and proved -- that more attention is given to it on the forum and/or FAQ
I agree that the base conversion problem is very interesting, and needs more attention.

Here's another way to write the change of base equation, converting from base a to base b.

In this equation, converges to n plus the base conversion constant. This base conversion will have a small 1-cyclic periodic wobble, , when compared to Dimitrii's solution.

Convergence for real values of x is easy to show, and emperically the derivatives appear continuous, but behavior for complex values is a more difficult problem. I would also like to characterize the sinusoid, and find out whether or not it is c-oo, and whether the sexp_b(z) shows the singularities in the complex plane predicted by Dimitrii Kouznetsov. My thoughts started before I read Jay's post, but you can see them here, http://math.eretrandre.org/tetrationforu...hp?tid=236.

the problem is the wobble ...

its a bit of an illusionary use :

first you give a formula to compute sexp_b(x) bye using sexp_b(n)

then you correct sexp_b(x) to sexp_b(x + wobble(x))

which basicly just means ;
you got a formula for sexp_b(n) using sexp_b(n) ... ?!?

thats pretty lame selfreference ...

( godel escher and bach anyone ? :p )

furthermore , i asked how change of base formula for tetration and exp(z) - 1 relate ?

that isnt answered ...

furthermore i had the idea that

slog_a(x) - slog_b(x) =/= 0 for a =/= b =/= x and a,b,x > e^e

and

slog_a(x)' - slog_b(x)' =/= 0 for a =/= b =/= x and a,b,x > e^e

( derivative with respect to x )

and that this might require a different Coo slog but would imply a uniqueness condition ?

also the equation lim slog_a(oo) - slog_b(oo) = x

seems intresting.

regards

tommy1729
(05/03/2009, 10:20 PM)tommy1729 Wrote: the problem is the wobble ...

its a bit of an illusionary use :

first you give a formula to compute sexp_b(x) bye using sexp_b(n)

then you correct sexp_b(x) to sexp_b(x + wobble(x))

which basicly just means ;
you got a formula for sexp_b(n) using sexp_b(n) ... ?!?

thats pretty lame selfreference ...

( godel escher and bach anyone ? :p )
Well, its not that bad, since n is an integer, sexp_b(n) is well defined. You can leave off the function, you just get a different solution, one that wobbles a little bit, easier to see in the higher derivatives. Also, in my original post, I was using a home base of where , whose sexp solution I was able to derive, see http://math.eretrandre.org/tetrationforu...236&page=1.

(05/03/2009, 10:20 PM)tommy1729 Wrote: furthermore , i asked how change of base formula for tetration and exp(z) - 1 relate ?

that isnt answered ...
Jay isn't around to answer. He discusses base change convergence, which I understand perfectly well. But I didn't understand the double logarithmic paragraph. Jay abandoned this approach to tetration, because it gives different results than Andrew Robbin's solution, (and Dimitrii Kouznetsov's solution) due to the wobble.

(05/03/2009, 10:20 PM)tommy1729 Wrote: furthermore i had the idea that

slog_a(x) - slog_b(x) =/= 0 for a =/= b =/= x and a,b,x > e^e

For large enough values of x, slog_a(x) - slog_b(x) will converge to a specific value. That value will be the sexp base conversion constant plus the base conversion wobble term, . Here are some examples of base conversion values I derived using sexp derived from base , which has a wobble when compared to Andy's solution or Dimitrii's solution.

(05/05/2009, 01:29 PM)sheldonison Wrote: the base conversion wobble term,

Do we make this the official name? Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Big Grin Repetition of the last digits of a tetration of generic base Luknik 12 1,738 12/16/2021, 12:26 AM
Last Post: marcokrt
  On the [tex]2 \pi i[/tex]-periodic solution to tetration, base e JmsNxn 0 353 09/28/2021, 05:44 AM
Last Post: JmsNxn
  A different approach to the base-change method JmsNxn 0 847 03/17/2021, 11:15 PM
  There is a non recursive formula for T(x,k)? marraco 5 3,169 12/26/2020, 11:05 AM
Last Post: Gottfried
  Complex Tetration, to base exp(1/e) Ember Edison 7 10,380 08/14/2019, 09:15 AM
Last Post: sheldonison
  Recursive formula generating bounded hyper-operators JmsNxn 0 3,346 01/17/2017, 05:10 AM
  Is bounded tetration is analytic in the base argument? JmsNxn 0 3,141 01/02/2017, 06:38 AM
  Extrapolated Faá Di Bruno's Formula Xorter 1 4,572 11/19/2016, 02:37 PM
Last Post: Xorter
  [2015] 4th Zeration from base change pentation tommy1729 5 11,400 03/29/2015, 05:47 PM
Last Post: tommy1729
  Conjecture on semi-exp base change [2015] tommy1729 0 3,349 03/24/2015, 03:14 PM
Last Post: tommy1729