The Power Series definition for tetration
What would be the Power Series for X tetrated to the 2nd, X tetrated to the 3rd, 4th, ...etc. Then find a pattern in these series for a general series definition of X Tetrated to any X.

The Series for:
X tet 2 = X ^ X = exp ( X ln X )=

Sigma ((X ln X) ^ n) / n!
for n = 0 to infinity.
now let this series = A

Then
the series for X tet 3 = X ^ A = exp (A ln X) =

Sigma ((A ln X) ^ m)) / m!
for m = 0 to infinity
now let this series = B

Then continue the process for more higher nested series...

Can anyone express the nested series for the tetration powers of 2 and higher as just a single power series?

IF this can be shown, is their any pattern to these Sigma expressions to give a generalized power series ?

can X tet X be decribed using product series?
These are what I call Puiseux series of tetrate functions. They were first discussed in detail by Galidakis (in this paper, see also this page). I call them Puiseux series because according to MathWorld, they're series involving logarithms.

beboe Wrote:Can anyone express the nested series for the tetration powers of 2 and higher as just a single power series?
Ioannis Galidakis can. He gave this recurrence equation in his paper:
\( x{\uparrow}{\uparrow}n = \sum_{k=0}^{\infty} p_{nk} \ln(x)^k \) where \( p_{nk} = \frac{1}{k} \sum_{j=1}^{k} j p_{n(k-j)} p_{(n-1)(j-1)} \)
for more information, please see section 4.2.3 (page 26) in the Tetration Reference

beboe Wrote:IF this can be shown, is their any pattern to these Sigma expressions to give a generalized power series ?
If only it were that simple... Smile

beboe Wrote:can X tet X be decribed using product series?[/b]
I don't know... but I think it kinda looks like this:

beboe Wrote:What would be the Power Series for X tetrated to the 2nd, X tetrated to the 3rd, 4th, ...etc. Then find a pattern in these series for a general series definition of X Tetrated to any X.

The Series for:
X tet 2 = X ^ X = exp ( X ln X )=

Sigma ((X ln X) ^ n) / n!
for n = 0 to infinity.
now let this series = A

Then
the series for X tet 3 = X ^ A = exp (A ln X) =

Sigma ((A ln X) ^ m)) / m!
for m = 0 to infinity
now let this series = B

Then continue the process for more higher nested series...

Can anyone express the nested series for the tetration powers of 2 and higher as just a single power series?

IF this can be shown, is their any pattern to these Sigma expressions to give a generalized power series ?

can X tet X be decribed using product series?

Hmm, what prevents you, to just to try this, and show us what you get for tet 2, tet 3... ?
For decremented exponentiation you may find this article interesting.
powerseries iteration
Gottfried Helms, Kassel
andydude Wrote:
beboe Wrote:Can anyone express the nested series for the tetration powers of 2 and higher as just a single power series?
Ioannis Galidakis can. He gave this recurrence equation in his paper:
\( x{\uparrow}{\uparrow}n = \sum_{k=0}^{\infty} p_{nk} \ln(x)^k \) where \( p_{nk} = \frac{1}{k} \sum_{j=1}^{k} j p_{n(k-j)} p_{(n-1)(j-1)} \)
for more information, please see section 4.2.3 (page 26) in the Tetration Reference
Andrew wrote down there also the direct series development at (fixed point) x=1.
"Just derived a method to compute exact entries for powers of the matrix-operator for T-tetration.
(...)"

[deletion]
I moved my reply to the "matrix-method"-thread since it didn't reflect, that the OP-question asked for a powerseries in the height-variable while I discussed one in terms of log of the base-parameter and the top-parameter x. Sorry for messing things...

Gottfried

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Gottfried Helms, Kassel

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Divergent Series and Analytical Continuation (LONG post) Caleb 54 13,284 03/18/2023, 04:05 AM
Last Post: JmsNxn
  Discussion on "tetra-eta-series" (2007) in MO Gottfried 40 9,827 02/22/2023, 08:58 PM
Last Post: tommy1729
  Functional power Xorter 3 4,897 07/11/2022, 06:03 AM
Last Post: Catullus
Question Tetration Asymptotic Series Catullus 18 6,441 07/05/2022, 01:29 AM
Question Formula for the Taylor Series for Tetration Catullus 8 4,463 06/12/2022, 07:32 AM
  Calculating the residues of \(\beta\); Laurent series; and Mittag-Leffler JmsNxn 0 1,295 10/29/2021, 11:44 PM
  Trying to find a fast converging series of normalization constants; plus a recap JmsNxn 0 1,235 10/26/2021, 02:12 AM
  Reducing beta tetration to an asymptotic series, and a pull back JmsNxn 2 2,611 07/22/2021, 03:37 AM
  Generalized Kneser superfunction trick (the iterated limit definition) MphLee 25 19,845 05/26/2021, 11:55 PM
Last Post: MphLee
  Perhaps a new series for log^0.5(x) Gottfried 3 6,854 03/21/2020, 08:28 AM
Last Post: Daniel