Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
overview paper co-author invitation
So guys,

3 of you explained interest to co-author this article.
Thats Dmitrii, Ansus and Andrew.
Everyone of you should have an account on http://bitbucket.org/.
There is an e-mail system built in, which we will use for communication.
There is even a bug-tracking system which we may use for the organization of changes.
To test the system, please e-mail me your public ssh-keys via e-mail on bitbucket.
(if the bit-bucket e-mail system is too primitive we may switch to normal e-mail communication.)

A hg clone of the sources should have been successful for all participants.
Did everyone manage to do a clone?

I think the tasks are as follows:
  • Ansus: is responsible for the Newton and Lagrange-method.
  • Andrew: is responsible for the intuitive Abel function and watches over the use of the English language. (Andrew, sorry for the name change, but I think its better to change the name than keeping confusing names, the old name "natural ...tion" also did not yet appear in a journal article, so I think we can still change).
  • Dmitrii: is responsible for the Cauchy-integral method.
  • Henryk: coordinates and does all the things nobody else wants to to do Wink
  • all: reviewing (and understanding) what the others write

There are a lot of methods we will present. So the focus is on a rigorous, short but appealing introduction into each method, its particular application to exponentiation as base function (with proofs of convergence/well-definition where possible), and proofs of the equality of methods.
Where we dont know about the equality we want at least show difference/equality numerically in the complex plane.
Thats really ALOT. To keep the paper publishable (i.e. short! I aim at under 30 pages) we really need to squeeze as much as possible, but keep it readable and appealing. Otherwise we may drop rather exotic methods.

@tommy:
A meeting would not be a bad idea. However I am personally not able to travel anywhere due to a catastrophic financial situation.
About credits:
The purpose of the article is not to summarize everything is written on the forum.
It has a clearly cut topic: methods for real-analytic tetration (though for some methods we only conjecture that they are real-analytic).
The article will feature only methods that are either theoretically safe, or that have a working numerical implementation.
As far as it is known of course the first creator of a method will be mentioned.

Messages In This Thread
overview paper co-author invitation - by bo198214 - 06/02/2009, 01:06 AM
meeting ? - by tommy1729 - 06/06/2009, 10:42 PM
RE: overview paper co-author invitation - by bo198214 - 06/14/2009, 08:55 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Old Research Paper andydude 3 3,480 01/24/2018, 04:12 AM
Last Post: andydude
  changing terminology (was: overview paper co-author invitation) andydude 49 66,789 11/05/2009, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Base-Acid Tetration
  Paper with iteration intro andydude 4 6,900 05/13/2009, 07:53 AM
Last Post: andydude