Inlining Attachments
I changed the server settings so that it is now very easy to embedd an image in your post:
  1. Choose and add your attachment in the line below your post editing area.
  2. Then appears a new line with the name of the attachment and the buttons "Remove" and "Insert Into Post".
  3. Press "Insert Into Post".

This inserts the code
Code:
[attachment=n]
into your post at the place of your cursor, where n is the number of the attachment. And this results in an inlined image at that place.

I also adapted the existing image posts acordingly.

So I wish you all a happy inlining Wink
I just realized that with this configuration attachements other than picture arent shown correctly anymore.
So I will disable this feature.

The procedure for inlining an attachment is then:

2. Then appears a new line with the name of the attachment and the buttons "Remove" and "Insert Into Post".
  3. Press "Insert Into Post". This inserts the code
    Code:
    [attachment=n]
    into your post at the place of your cursor, where n is the number of the attachment.
  4. Replace this code by
    Code:
    [img]http://math.eretrandre.org/tetrationforum/attachment.php?aid=n[/img]
    where n is the number of the attachment.
I have simplified the inlining of attachments.
It suffices after uploading the attachment (first "Choose" then "Add Attachment") to press the button "Insert Into Post" to the right of the corresponding attachment.
This now inserts the line, that you previously had to type by hand.

However note, that you woun't see the image in preview, it appears after posting (perhaps a browser page refresh is needed too).
The newer version of mybb which is installed on this forum can correctly distinguish between pictures and non-pictures. So you should again use the procedure given in the first post of this thread:
(08/19/2007, 11:43 AM)bo198214 Wrote:
  3. Press "Insert Into Post".

This inserts the code
Code:
[attachment=n]
into your post at the place of your cursor, where n is the number of the attachment. And this results in an inlined image at that place.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can I *update* existing attachments with newer versions? Gottfried 1 897 06/16/2022, 03:15 AM
Last Post: JmsNxn