Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Searching for an asymptotic to exp[0.5]
Yes yes that is what I meant.

I anticipated your approximation for the zeros of the asymptotic function, in terms of Kneser's half exponential.

The Weierstrass product form does not only need a computation but also a proof ofcourse. Too illustrate why, I gave those counterintuitive functions as examples.

A vague possible conjecture could be that exp(g(z)) is the " integer growth rate " for " most " entire functions.
Im afraid to conjecture it , but the idea fascinates me and perhaps plays a role in a proof.

I remind you that 2 posts are still completely unadressed, although ofcourse you might not have the time or habit of doing more than one thing at a time.

As for your education , the fun thing is that " research is a hard - but open book - exam ". And you are certainly a respected member here.

Another intresting/counterintuitive remark about product forms ( weierstrass or other ) for entire functions is the fact that for instance exp(x) can be written in the form :

(1+c_n x^n)

valid for abs(x)<1.

That seems surprising and fascinating considering that exp(x) has a very different ( and dull ) weierstrass product form.

This can all be generalized like almost forever , but the point is to warn about expansions that might only work locally and are thus not the weierstrass expansion !

Another "counter-intuitive" result.

Btw first mentioned here by Gottfried and written about on his page :

" dream of a sequence "

link : http://go.helms-net.de/math/musings/drea...quence.pdf

- This also reminds me of the classic pentagonal theorem of euler ofcourse - which might turn into an argument against truncation ...

... and also continued fractions ... id better stop here.

But some day you will see continued fractions Smile

regards

tommy1729

Messages In This Thread
RE: Searching for an asymptotic to exp[0.5] - by tommy1729 - 05/23/2014, 10:53 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Merged fixpoints of 2 iterates ? Asymptotic ? [2019] tommy1729 1 1,007 09/10/2019, 11:28 AM
Last Post: sheldonison
  Another asymptotic development, similar to 2sinh method JmsNxn 0 2,740 07/05/2011, 06:34 PM
Last Post: JmsNxn