New super moderators
Hey, I put andydude and GFR into the state of super moderators.
Surely they dont know yet about their luck Smile
Its just for the case that I am away from the board and can not take action if something happens.

Besides the honor of this position the duty would be to keep the forum clean in case of spam attacks or equally nasty problems.

(And of course you both are free to accept or decline this status ...)
Good grief!

I just realized it now and I am honored! But I am sure that Andydude is more super than me. It is also clear that Bo must be a hyper! I accept this status and you people will test it in the framework of my possibilities. We shall overcome. ... One day!

GFR
Question 
(11/02/2007, 06:36 PM)bo198214 Wrote: Hey, I put andydude and GFR into the state of super moderators.
Why is GFR not listed as a super moderator on the Forum Team section of the Tetration Forum?
Please remember to stay hydrated.
ฅ(ミ⚈ ﻌ ⚈ミ)ฅ Sincerely: Catullus /ᐠ_ ꞈ _ᐟ\
(07/11/2022, 10:14 AM)Catullus Wrote:
(11/02/2007, 06:36 PM)bo198214 Wrote: Hey, I put andydude and GFR into the state of super moderators.
\(\mathbb{Why \: is \: GFR \: not \: listed \: as \: a \: super \: moderator, \: on \: the \: Forum \: Team \: section?}\)

Hi Catullus,       

I'm really pissed by your games with that forum. I've flagged two of your "funny" posts to the administrator.
If actually the username "Catullus" is only the codename for a bot, I'd call for deletion of all earlier posts so far.

Gottfried
Gottfried Helms, Kassel
(07/11/2022, 11:55 AM)Gottfried Wrote:
\(\mathbb{Why \: is \: GFR \: not \: listed \: as \: a \: super \: moderator, \: on \: the \: Forum \: Team \: section?}\)

Hi Catullus,       

I'm really pissed by your games with that forum. I've flagged two of your "funny" posts to the administrator.
If actually the username "Catullus" is only the codename for a bot, I'd call for deletion of all earlier posts so far.

Gottfried
Catullus, 
I agree with Gottfried. You are playing games. Proving you are the biggest smart ass on this forum doesn't earn you any points, only a solid nudge toward the door. If you don't support effective communication you don't belong in our community. Go join the Brainfuck community. Your behavior has been challenged a number of times before and you have never responded except to make the above LaTeX more readable.
Daniel
Daniel
Question 
What is wrong with the posts?
(07/11/2022, 11:20 PM)Daniel Wrote:
(07/11/2022, 11:55 AM)Gottfried Wrote:

Hi Catullus,       

Gottfried
Catullus, 
I agree with Gottfried. You are playing games. Proving you are the biggest smart ass on this forum doesn't earn you any points, only a solid nudge toward the door. If you don't support effective communication you don't belong in our community. Go join the Brainfuck community. Your behavior has been challenged a number of times before and you have never responded except to make the above LaTeX more readable.
Daniel

Lmao, Catullus exactly exhudes Brainfuck logic.

To Catullus, you repeatedly correct people when you are wrong, simply because you do not understand the context. A more polite response would be mediated, for example with the Gamma function.

You stated oh so confidently that Gamma is undefined at the negative integers, in an attempt to correct. Without even giving a shred of thought that you are wrong. It would've been more appropriate to ask, "I thought Gamma was just undefined here, can you explain why it's not?" And it would be that much more respectable.

Although I don't have as strong an opinion as Daniel and Gottfried, just remember to be respectful. And that a lot of your questions are unanswerable. To quote MathOverflow--we aren't here to do your math homework. Instead, show us what you've done, what you've worked on and where your question was coming from. I do not feel that anything you are doing is malicious, but it is a tad misguided.

You have been clogging the forum a lot lately, and I don't see anything necessarily wrong with that. But short little questions as threads aren't helpful. When it comes to tetration/hyperoperations etc, we are clueless, just like you. We're just a lot less clueless. So many of your questions are just questions that'd take 10 pages in a sophisticated journal to answer. From there, it's on you.

I apologize if I'm being blunt. I disagree with Daniel's and Gottfried's stern tone, but they are correct in their observations. We're happy to have you here, just speak less. And there's nothing wrong with an inquisitive mind. But relentless why questions, will not get us anywhere.

Deep regards, James
(07/11/2022, 11:25 PM)Catullus Wrote: What is wrong with the posts?

Thanks for dropping the mathbb. Your posts show a deep lack of understanding that things don't get done magically. I explained to you that the forum was in a state of transition because a number of the core members are getting long in tooth. Fixing things requires folks who are trusted, technically able in mathematics and computer science, and have time. Not a long list. Your constant criticisms of broken fifteen year old links is crazy. I'm sure there are appropriate ways to help out with your observations that list issues without asking why each item hasn't been previously resolved. 

You got involved in running information down on the "math ankh" link that used to be on the top of the Forum page years ago and linked to another math site. What God's sake does this matter to you and more importantly the rest of us. Actions like that call into questing whether you are trolling us. Raise issues when you see patterns of posts that could be improved. Bringing up in single item issues written in non compiling mathbb helps no one. Why you do this is a mystery. Find ways to improve the forum that excite people. Always strive to see the big picture here.

While James promotes a less harsh tone, I do stand by my offer to help you navigate things. Just PM me. I'm autistic, so I understand about having a difficult time fitting in or being out of sync with others. 
Daniel
Daniel
Okay, I changed my response to the onw with the gamma function. And some other posts I made.
(07/12/2022, 03:09 AM)Catullus Wrote: Okay, I changed my response to the onw with the gamma function. And some other posts I made.

Thank you.
Daniel